Comfortercom•fort•er (kum′fər tər),USA pronunciation n.
- a person or thing that comforts.
- a quilt.
- a long, woolen scarf, usually knitted.
- the Comforter. See Holy Ghost.
Fillfill (fil),USA pronunciation v.t.
- to make full;
put as much as can be held into: to fill a jar with water.
- to occupy to the full capacity: Water filled the basin. The crowd filled the hall.
- to supply to an extreme degree or plentifully: to fill a house with furniture; to fill the heart with joy.
- to satisfy fully the hunger of;
satiate: The roast beef filled the diners.
- to put into a receptacle: to fill sand into a pail.
- to be plentiful throughout: Fish filled the rivers.
- to extend throughout;
pervade completely: The odor filled the room.
- to furnish with an occupant: The landlord filled the vacancy yesterday.
- to provide (an office or opening) with an incumbent: The company is eager to fill the controllership.
- to occupy and perform the duties of (a vacancy, position, post, etc.).
- to supply the requirements or contents of (an order), as for goods;
- to supply (a blank space) with written matter, decorative work, etc.
- to meet satisfactorily, as requirements: This book fills a great need.
- to make up, compound, or otherwise provide the contents of (a medical prescription).
- to stop up or close (a cavity, hole, etc.): to fill a tooth.
- [Cookery.]to insert a filling into: to fill cupcakes with custard.
- to distend (a sail) by pressure of the wind so as to impart headway to a vessel.
- to brace (a yard) so that the sail will catch the wind on its after side.
- to adulterate: to fill soaps with water.
- to build up the level of (an area) with earth, stones, etc.
- to become full: The hall filled rapidly. Our eyes filled with tears.
- to increase in atmospheric pressure: a filling cyclone.
- to become distended, as sails with the wind.
- fill and stand on, (of a sailing vessel) to proceed on a tack after being hove to or halted facing the wind;
- fill away, [Naut.]
- to fall off the wind and proceed on a board.
- to brace the yards, so that sails that have been aback will stand full.
- fill in:
- to supply missing or desired information: Fill in the facts of your business experience.
- to complete by adding detail, as a design or drawing: to fill in a sketch with shadow.
- to substitute for: to fill in for a colleague who is ill.
- to fill with some material: to fill in a crack with putty.
- to supply (someone) with information: Please fill me in on the morning news.
- fill out:
- to complete (a document, list, etc.) by supplying missing or desired information.
- to become larger, fuller, or rounder, as the figure: The children have begun to fill out since I saw them last.
- fill the bill. See bill 1 (def. 12).
- fill up:
- to fill completely: to fill up a glass; to fill up a fuel tank.
- to become completely filled: The riverbed filled up as a result of the steady rains.
- a full supply;
enough to satisfy want or desire: to eat one's fill.
- an amount of something sufficient for filling;
- a quantity of earth, stones, etc., for building up the level of an area of ground: These houses were built on fill.Cf. backfill.
- the feed and water in the digestive tract of a livestock animal, esp. that consumed before marketing.
Powerpow•er (pou′ər),USA pronunciation n.
- ability to do or act;
capability of doing or accomplishing something.
- political or national strength: the balance of power in Europe.
- great or marked ability to do or act;
- the possession of control or command over others;
ascendancy: power over men's minds.
- political ascendancy or control in the government of a country, state, etc.: They attained power by overthrowing the legal government.
- legal ability, capacity, or authority: the power of attorney.
- delegated authority;
authority granted to a person or persons in a particular office or capacity: the powers of the president.
- a document or written statement conferring legal authority.
- a person or thing that possesses or exercises authority or influence.
- a state or nation having international authority or influence: The great powers held an international conference.
- a military or naval force: The Spanish Armada was a mighty power.
- Often, powers. a deity;
divinity: the heavenly powers.
- powers, [Theol.]an order of angels. Cf. angel (def. 1).
- [Dial.]a large number or amount: There's a power of good eatin' at the church social.
- work done or energy transferred per unit of time. Symbol: P
- the time rate of doing work.
- mechanical energy as distinguished from hand labor: a loom driven by power.
- a particular form of mechanical or physical energy: hydroelectric power.
- energy, force, or momentum: The door slammed shut, seemingly under its own power.
- the product obtained by multiplying a quantity by itself one or more times: The third power of 2 is 8.
- (of a number x) a number whose logarithm is a times the logarithm of x (and is called the a th power of x). Symbolically, y = xa is a number that satisfies the equation log y = a log x.
- the exponent of an expression, as a in xa.
- See cardinal number (def. 2).
- the magnifying capacity of a microscope, telescope, etc., expressed as the ratio of the diameter of the image to the diameter of the object. Cf. magnification (def. 2).
- the reciprocal of the focal length of a lens.
- the powers that be, those in supreme command;
the authorities: The decision is in the hands of the powers that be.
- to supply with electricity or other means of power: Atomic energy powers the new submarines.
- to give power to;
make powerful: An outstanding quarterback powered the team in its upset victory.
- to inspire;
sustain: A strong faith in divine goodness powers his life.
- (of a fuel, engine, or any source able to do work) to supply force to operate (a machine): An electric motor powers this drill.
- to drive or push by applying power: She powered the car expertly up the winding mountain road.
- power down, to shut off.
- power up, to turn on.
- operated or driven by a motor or electricity: a power mower; power tools.
- power-assisted: His new car has power brakes and power windows.
- conducting electricity: a power cable.
- expressing or exerting power;
characteristic of those having authority or influence: to host a power lunch.
Chartchart (chärt),USA pronunciation n.
- a sheet exhibiting information in tabular form.
- a graphic representation, as by curves, of a dependent variable, as temperature, price, etc.;
- a map, esp. a hydrographic or marine map.
- an outline map showing special conditions or facts: a weather chart.
- horoscope (def. 1).
- [Jazz.]a musical arrangement.
- the charts, ratings of the popularity of popular-music records, usually based on nationwide sales for a given week: Their album is number three on the charts this week.
- to make a chart of.
- to plan: to chart a course of action.
- to rank in the charts: The new song gets charted number four this week.
Imageim•age (im′ij),USA pronunciation n., v., -aged, -ag•ing.
- a physical likeness or representation of a person, animal, or thing, photographed, painted, sculptured, or otherwise made visible.
- an optical counterpart or appearance of an object, as is produced by reflection from a mirror, refraction by a lens, or the passage of luminous rays through a small aperture and their reception on a surface.
- a mental representation;
- a mental representation of something previously perceived, in the absence of the original stimulus.
semblance: We are all created in God's image.
copy: That child is the image of his mother.
- a symbol;
- the general or public perception of a company, public figure, etc., esp. as achieved by careful calculation aimed at creating widespread goodwill.
- a type;
embodiment: Red-faced and angry, he was the image of frustration.
- a description of something in speech or writing: Keats created some of the most beautiful images in the language.
- a figure of speech, esp. a metaphor or a simile.
- an idol or representation of a deity: They knelt down before graven images.
- the point or set of points in the range corresponding to a designated point in the domain of a given function.
- [Archaic.]an illusion or apparition.
- to picture or represent in the mind;
- to make an image of;
portray in sculpture, painting, etc.
- to project (photographs, film, etc.) on a surface: Familiar scenes were imaged on the screen.
- to reflect the likeness of;
- to set forth in speech or writing;
- to symbolize;
- to resemble.
- [Informal.]to create an image for (a company, public figure, etc.): The candidate had to be imaged before being put on the campaign trail.
- to transform (data) into an exact replica in a different form, as changing digital data to pixels for display on a CRT or representing a medical scan of a body part in digital form.
Buybuy (bī),USA pronunciation v., bought, buy•ing, n.
- to acquire the possession of, or the right to, by paying or promising to pay an equivalent, esp. in money;
- to acquire by exchange or concession: to buy favor with flattery.
- to hire or obtain the services of: The Yankees bought a new center fielder.
- to bribe: Most public officials cannot be bought.
- to be the monetary or purchasing equivalent of: Ten dollars buys less than it used to.
- [Chiefly Theol.]to redeem;
- [Cards.]to draw or be dealt (a card): He bought an ace.
- to accept or believe: I don't buy that explanation.
- to be deceived by: He bought the whole story.
- to be or become a purchaser.
- buy down, to lower or reduce (the mortgage interest rate) by means of a buy-down.
- buy in:
- to buy a supply of;
accumulate a stock of.
- to buy back one's own possession at an auction.
- to undertake a buy-in. Also, buy into.
- buy into, to purchase a share, interest, or membership in: They tried to buy into the club but were not accepted.
- buy it, [Slang.]to get killed: He bought it at Dunkirk.
- buy off, to get rid of (a claim, opposition, etc.) by payment;
purchase the noninterference of;
bribe: The corrupt official bought off those who might expose him.
- buy out, to secure all of (an owner or partner's) share or interest in an enterprise: She bought out an established pharmacist and is doing very well.
- buy up, to buy as much as one can of something or as much as is offered for sale: He bought up the last of the strawberries at the fruit market.
- an act or instance of buying.
- something bought or to be bought;
purchase: That coat was a sensible buy.
- a bargain: The couch was a real buy.
Downdown1 (doun),USA pronunciation adv.
- from higher to lower;
in descending direction or order;
toward, into, or in a lower position: to come down the ladder.
- on or to the ground, floor, or bottom: He fell down.
- to or in a sitting or lying position.
- to or in a position, area, or district considered lower, esp. from a geographical or cartographic standpoint, as to the south, a business district, etc.: We drove from San Francisco down to Los Angeles.
- to or at a lower value or rate.
- to a lesser pitch or volume: Turn down the radio.
- in or to a calmer, less active, or less prominent state: The wind died down.
- from an earlier to a later time: from the 17th century down to the present.
- from a greater to a lesser strength, amount, etc.: to water down liquor.
- in an attitude of earnest application: to get down to work.
- on paper or in a book: Write down the address.
- in cash at the time of purchase;
at once: We paid $50 down and $20 a month.
- to the point of defeat, submission, inactivity, etc.: They shouted down the opposition.
- in or into a fixed or supine position: They tied down the struggling animal.
- to the source or actual position: The dogs tracked down the bear.
- into a condition of ill health: He's come down with a cold.
- in or into a lower status or condition: kept down by lack of education.
- toward the lee side, so as to turn a vessel to windward: Put the helm down!
- on toast (as used in ordering a sandwich at a lunch counter or restaurant): Give me a tuna down.
- down with!
- away with! cease!: Down with tyranny!
- on or toward the ground or into a lower position: Down with your rifles!
- in a descending or more remote direction or place on, over, or along: They ran off down the street.
going or directed downward: the down escalator.
- being at a low position or on the ground, floor, or bottom.
- toward the south, a business district, etc.
- associated with or serving traffic, transportation, or the like, directed toward the south, a business district, etc.: the down platform.
dejected: You seem very down today.
- ailing, esp., sick and bedridden: He's been down with a bad cold.
- being the portion of the full price, as of an article bought on the installment plan, that is paid at the time of purchase or delivery: a payment of $200 down.
- [Football.](of the ball) not in play.
- behind an opponent or opponents in points, games, etc.: The team won the pennant despite having been down three games in the final week of play.
- losing or having lost the amount indicated, esp. at gambling: After an hour at poker, he was down $10.
- having placed one's bet: Are you down for the fourth race?
- finished, done, considered, or taken care of: five down and one to go.
- out of order: The computer has been down all day.
- down and out, down-and-out.
- down cold or pat, mastered or learned perfectly: Another hour of studying and I'll have the math lesson down cold.
- down in the mouth, discouraged;
- down on, [Informal.]hostile or averse to: Why are you so down on sports?
- a downward movement;
- a turn for the worse;
reverse: The business cycle experienced a sudden down.
- one of a series of four plays during which a team must advance the ball at least 10 yd. (9 m) to keep possession of it.
- the declaring of the ball as down or out of play, or the play immediately preceding this.
- an order of toast at a lunch counter or restaurant.
- downer (defs. 1a, b).
- to put, knock, or throw down;
subdue: He downed his opponent in the third round.
- to drink down, esp. quickly or in one gulp: to down a tankard of ale.
- to defeat in a game or contest: The Mets downed the Dodgers in today's game.
- to cause to fall from a height, esp. by shooting: Antiaircraft guns downed ten bombers.
- to go down;
- (used as a command to a dog to stop attacking, to stop jumping on someone, to get off a couch or chair, etc.): Down, Rover!
- (used as a command or warning to duck, take cover, or the like): Down! They're starting to shoot!
Comfortercom•fort•er (kum′fər tər),USA pronunciation n.
- a person or thing that comforts.
- a quilt.
- a long, woolen scarf, usually knitted.
- the Comforter. See Holy Ghost.
Stepstep (step),USA pronunciation n., v., stepped, step•ping.
- a movement made by lifting the foot and setting it down again in a new position, accompanied by a shifting of the weight of the body in the direction of the new position, as in walking, running, or dancing.
- such a movement followed by a movement of equal distance of the other foot: The soldier took one step forward and stood at attention.
- the space passed over or the distance measured by one such movement of the foot.
- the sound made by the foot in making such a movement.
- a mark or impression made by the foot on the ground;
- the manner of walking;
- pace in marching: double-quick step.
- a pace uniform with that of another or others, or in time with music.
- steps, movements or course in walking or running: to retrace one's steps.
- a move, act, or proceeding, as toward some end or in the general course of some action;
stage, measure, or period: the five steps to success.
- rank, degree, or grade, as on a vertical scale.
- a support for the foot in ascending or descending: a step of a ladder; a stair of 14 steps.
- a very short distance: She was never more than a step away from her children.
- a repeated pattern or unit of movement in a dance formed by a combination of foot and body motions.
- a degree of the staff or of the scale.
- the interval between two adjacent scale degrees;
second. Cf. semitone, whole step.
- steps, a stepladder.
- an offset part of anything.
- a socket, frame, or platform for supporting the lower end of a mast.
- a flat-topped ledge on the face of a quarry or a mine working.
- break step, to interrupt or cease walking or marching in step: The marching units were allowed to break step after they had passed the reviewing stand.
- in step:
- moving in time to a rhythm or with the corresponding step of others.
- in harmony or conformity with: They are not in step with the times.
- keep step, to keep pace;
stay in step: The construction of classrooms and the training of teachers have not kept step with population growth.
- out of step:
- not in time to a rhythm or corresponding to the step of others.
- not in harmony or conformity with: They are out of step with the others in their group.
- step by step:
- from one stage to the next in sequence.
- gradually and steadily: We were shown the steelmaking process step by step.
- take steps, to set about putting something into operation;
begin to act: I will take steps to see that your application is processed.
- watch one's step, to proceed with caution;
behave prudently: If she doesn't watch her step, she will be fired from her job.
- to move, go, etc., by lifting the foot and setting it down again in a new position, or by using the feet alternately in this manner: to step forward.
- to walk, or go on foot, esp. for a few strides or a short distance: Step over to the bar.
- to move with measured steps, as in a dance.
- to go briskly or fast, as a horse.
- to obtain, find, win, come upon, etc., something easily and naturally, as if by a mere step of the foot: to step into a good business opportunity.
- to put the foot down;
tread by intention or accident: to step on a cat's tail.
- to press with the foot, as on a lever, spring, or the like, in order to operate some mechanism.
- to take (a step, pace, stride, etc.).
- to go through or perform the steps of (a dance).
- to move or set (the foot) in taking a step.
- to measure (a distance, ground, etc.) by steps (sometimes fol. by off or out).
- to make or arrange in the manner of a series of steps.
- to fix (a mast) in its step.
- step down:
- to lower or decrease by degrees.
- to relinquish one's authority or control;
resign: Although he was past retirement age, he refused to step down and let his son take over the business.
- step in, to become involved;
intervene, as in a quarrel or fight: The brawl was well under way by the time the police stepped in.
- step on it, to hasten one's activity or steps;
hurry up: If we don't step on it, we'll miss the show.
- step out:
- to leave a place, esp. for a brief period of time.
- to walk or march at a more rapid pace.
- to go out to a social gathering or on a date: We're stepping out tonight.
- step up:
- to raise or increase by degrees: to step up production.
- to be promoted;
- to make progress;
Howdy folks, this picture is about Wonderful Comforter Fill Power Chart #5 Image Titled Buy A Down Comforter Step 2. It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this file is 641 x 481. It's file size is just 40 KB. Wether You ought to download It to Your laptop, you may Click here. You could too see more attachments by clicking the following photo or see more at this article: Comforter Fill Power Chart.
About the other hand, lately we appreciate the vintage home. Properly, while you have historic history home parents, why not enhance it to check more fashionable. Comforter Fill Power Chart identity already-owned. How exactly to change it to produce it more contemporary and lucky that is clean if offered, that you simply have a glass athome the glass will probably be worth quite expensive. To become the primary emphasis attractive, choose a natural coloring color for that walls around it.
Select wallpaper using a structure just like the minimalist geometric forms.Usually there's a gorgeous indentation across the window inside the old-house in case you prefer to employ wallpaper. To be able to stay revealed, placed drapes about the sills' shape. But Comforter Fill Power Chart may reduce the visual and luxurious in a screen that is little. Employ only drapes generally, but built open. Another circumstance if you feel very bad shape screen, then the blinds should be placed beyond your body and cover.
A look more luxurious inside will be long until the bottom also made by drapery. One of many things that could appear hideous has become the racks of outdated had started porous and decaying. Change with open shelves of timber, could be reliable wood or contaminants. Display also classic accessories you've. Open shelves will also provide a contemporary contact that is minimalist that old-house does not appear to be a gallery.