Howhow1 (hou),USA pronunciation adv.
- in what way or manner;
by what means?: How did the accident happen?
- to what extent, degree, etc.?: How damaged is the car?
- in what state or condition?: How are you?
- for what reason;
why?: How can you talk such nonsense?
- to what effect;
with what meaning?: How is one to interpret his action?
- what?: How do you mean? If they don't have vanilla, how about chocolate?
- (used as an intensifier): How seldom I go there!
- by what title or name?: How does one address the president?
- at what price: How are the new cars going, cheaper than last year's models?
- by what amount or in what measure or quantity?: How do you sell these tomatoes?
- in what form or shape?: How does the demon appear in the first act of the opera? How does the medication come?
- and how! [Informal.]certainly! you bet!: Am I happy? And how!
- Here's how, [Informal.](used as a toast).
- how come? [Informal.]how is it that? why?: How come you never visit us anymore?
- how so? how does it happen to be so? why?: You haven't any desire to go? How so?
- the manner or way in which: He couldn't figure out how to solve the problem.
- about the manner, condition, or way in which: I don't care how you leave your desk when you go. Be careful how you act.
- in whatever manner or way;
however: You can travel how you please.
- that: He told us how he was honest and could be trusted.
- a question concerning the way or manner in which something is done, achieved, etc.: a child's unending whys and hows.
- a way or manner of doing something: to consider all the hows and wherefores.
- a word formerly used in communications to represent the letter H.
Toto (to̅o̅; unstressed tŏŏ, tə),USA pronunciation prep.
- (used for expressing motion or direction toward a point, person, place, or thing approached and reached, as opposed to from): They came to the house.
- (used for expressing direction or motion or direction toward something) in the direction of;
toward: from north to south.
- (used for expressing limit of movement or extension): He grew to six feet.
- (used for expressing contact or contiguity) on;
upon: a right uppercut to the jaw; Apply varnish to the surface.
- (used for expressing a point of limit in time) before;
until: to this day; It is ten minutes to six. We work from nine to five.
- (used for expressing aim, purpose, or intention): going to the rescue.
- (used for expressing destination or appointed end): sentenced to jail.
- (used for expressing agency, result, or consequence): to my dismay; The flowers opened to the sun.
- (used for expressing a resulting state or condition): He tore it to pieces.
- (used for expressing the object of inclination or desire): They drank to her health.
- (used for expressing the object of a right or claim): claimants to an estate.
- (used for expressing limit in degree, condition, or amount): wet to the skin; goods amounting to $1000; Tomorrow's high will be 75 to 80°.
- (used for expressing addition or accompaniment) with: He added insult to injury. They danced to the music. Where is the top to this box?
- (used for expressing attachment or adherence): She held to her opinion.
- (used for expressing comparison or opposition): inferior to last year's crop; The score is eight to seven.
- (used for expressing agreement or accordance) according to;
by: a position to one's liking; to the best of my knowledge.
- (used for expressing reference, reaction, or relation): What will he say to this?
- (used for expressing a relative position): parallel to the roof.
- (used for expressing a proportion of number or quantity) in;
making up: 12 to the dozen; 20 miles to the gallon.
- (used for indicating the indirect object of a verb, for connecting a verb with its complement, or for indicating or limiting the application of an adjective, noun, or pronoun): Give it to me. I refer to your work.
- (used as the ordinary sign or accompaniment of the infinitive, as in expressing motion, direction, or purpose, in ordinary uses with a substantive object.)
- raised to the power indicated: Three to the fourth is 81( 34 = 81).
- toward a point, person, place, or thing, implied or understood.
- toward a contact point or closed position: Pull the door to.
- toward a matter, action, or work: We turned to with a will.
- into a state of consciousness;
out of unconsciousness: after he came to.
- to and fro. See fro (def. 2).
Loselose (lo̅o̅z),USA pronunciation v., lost, los•ing.
- to come to be without (something in one's possession or care), through accident, theft, etc., so that there is little or no prospect of recovery: I'm sure I've merely misplaced my hat, not lost it.
- to fail inadvertently to retain (something) in such a way that it cannot be immediately recovered: I just lost a dime under this sofa.
- to suffer the deprivation of: to lose one's job; to lose one's life.
- to be bereaved of by death: to lose a sister.
- to fail to keep, preserve, or maintain: to lose one's balance; to lose one's figure.
- (of a clock or watch) to run slower by: The watch loses three minutes a day.
- to give up;
forfeit the possession of: to lose a fortune at the gaming table.
- to get rid of: to lose one's fear of the dark; to lose weight.
- to bring to destruction or ruin (usually used passively): Ship and crew were lost.
- to condemn to hell;
- to have slip from sight, hearing, attention, etc.: to lose him in the crowd.
- to stray from or become ignorant of (one's way, directions, etc.): to lose one's bearings.
- to leave far behind in a pursuit, race, etc.;
outstrip: She managed to lose the other runners on the final lap of the race.
- to use to no purpose;
waste: to lose time in waiting.
- to fail to have, get, catch, etc.;
miss: to lose a bargain.
- to fail to win (a prize, stake, etc.): to lose a bet.
- to be defeated in (a game, lawsuit, battle, etc.): He has lost very few cases in his career as a lawyer.
- to cause the loss of: The delay lost the battle for them.
- to let (oneself ) go astray, miss the way, etc.: We lost ourselves in the woods.
- to allow (oneself ) to become absorbed or engrossed in something and oblivious to all else: I had lost myself in thought.
- (of a physician) to fail to preserve the life of (a patient).
- (of a woman) to fail to be delivered of (a live baby) because of miscarriage, complications in childbirth, etc.
- to suffer loss: to lose on a contract.
- to suffer defeat or fail to win, as in a contest, race, or game: We played well, but we lost.
- to depreciate in effectiveness or in some other essential quality: a classic that loses in translation.
- (of a clock, watch, etc.) to run slow.
- lose face. See face (def. 30).
- lose out, to suffer defeat or loss;
fail to obtain something desired: He got through the preliminaries, but lost out in the finals.
Lotlot (lot),USA pronunciation n., v., lot•ted, lot•ting, adv.
- one of a set of objects, as straws or pebbles, drawn or thrown from a container to decide a question or choice by chance.
- the casting or drawing of such objects as a method of deciding something: to choose a person by lot.
- the decision or choice made by such a method.
- allotted share or portion: to receive one's lot of an inheritance.
- the portion in life assigned by fate or Providence;
one's fate, fortune, or destiny: Her lot had not been a happy one.
- a distinct portion or piece of land: a building lot.
- a piece of land forming a part of a district, city, or other community.
- [South Midland and Southern U.S.]a farmyard or barnyard.
- a piece of land having the use specified by the attributive noun or adjective: a parking lot; a used-car lot.
- [Motion Pictures.]a motion-picture studio and its surrounding property.
- a distinct portion or parcel of anything, as of merchandise: The furniture was to be auctioned off in 20 lots.
- a number of things or persons collectively: There's one more, and that's the lot.
- kind of person;
sort: He's a bad lot.
- Often, lots. a great many or a great deal: a lot of books; lots of money.
- [Chiefly Brit.]a tax or duty.
- cast or cast in one's lot with, to ally oneself with;
share the life and fortunes of: She had cast her lot with the bohemian crowd.
- draw or cast lots, to settle a question by the use of lots: They drew lots to see who would go first.
- to divide or distribute by lot (sometimes fol. by out): to lot furniture for sale; to lot out apples by the basketful.
- to assign to one as his or her lot;
- to divide into lots, as land.
- [Obs.]to cast or draw lots for.
- to draw lots.
- Often, lots. a great deal;
greatly: Thanks a lot for the ride. I care lots about my family.
Ofof1 (uv, ov; unstressed əv or, esp. before consonants, ə),USA pronunciation prep.
- (used to indicate distance or direction from, separation, deprivation, etc.): within a mile of the church; south of Omaha; to be robbed of one's money.
- (used to indicate derivation, origin, or source): a man of good family; the plays of Shakespeare; a piece of cake.
- (used to indicate cause, motive, occasion, or reason): to die of hunger.
- (used to indicate material, component parts, substance, or contents): a dress of silk; a book of poems; a package of cheese.
- (used to indicate apposition or identity): Is that idiot of a salesman calling again?
- (used to indicate specific identity or a particular item within a category): the city of Chicago; thoughts of love.
- (used to indicate possession, connection, or association): the king of France; the property of the church.
- (used to indicate inclusion in a number, class, or whole): one of us.
- (used to indicate the objective relation, the object of the action noted by the preceding noun or the application of a verb or adjective): the ringing of bells; He writes her of home; I'm tired of working.
- (used to indicate reference or respect): There is talk of peace.
- (used to indicate qualities or attributes): an ambassador of remarkable tact.
- (used to indicate a specified time): They arrived of an evening.
- [Chiefly Northern U.S.]before the hour of;
until: twenty minutes of five.
- on the part of: It was very mean of you to laugh at me.
- in respect to: fleet of foot.
- set aside for or devoted to: a minute of prayer.
- [Archaic.]by: consumed of worms.
Weightweight (wāt),USA pronunciation n.
- the amount or quantity of heaviness or mass;
amount a thing weighs.
- the force that gravitation exerts upon a body, equal to the mass of the body times the local acceleration of gravity: commonly taken, in a region of constant gravitational acceleration, as a measure of mass.
- a system of units for expressing heaviness or mass: avoirdupois weight.
- a unit of heaviness or mass: The pound is a common weight in English-speaking countries.
- a body of determinate mass, as of metal, for using on a balance or scale in weighing objects, substances, etc.
- a specific quantity of a substance that is determined by weighing or that weighs a fixed amount: a half-ounce weight of gold dust.
- any heavy load, mass, or object: Put down that weight and rest your arms.
- an object used or useful solely because of its heaviness: the weights of a clock.
- a mental or moral burden, as of care, sorrow, or responsibility: Knowing you are safe takes a weight off my mind.
- importance, moment, consequence, or effective influence: an opinion of great weight.
- a measure of the relative importance of an item in a statistical population.
- (of clothing, textiles, etc.)
- relative heaviness or thickness as related to warmth or to seasonal use (often used in combination): a winter-weight jacket.
- relative heaviness or thickness as related to use: a bolt of coat-weight woolen cloth.
- (of type) the degree of blackness or boldness.
- (esp. in boxing) a division or class to which a contestant belongs according to how much he weighs: two brothers who fight professionally in the same weight.
- the total amount the jockey, saddle, and leads must weigh on a racehorse during a race, according to the conditions of the race: Jacinto has a weight of 122 pounds in the seventh race.
- the stress or accent value given a sound, syllable, or word.
- by weight, according to measurement of heaviness or mass: Rates are determined by weight.
- carry weight, to have importance or significance;
influence: Her opinion is certain to carry weight.
- pull one's weight, to contribute one's rightful share of work to a project or job: We will finish in time if we each pull our weight.Also, pull one's own weight.
- throw one's weight around or about, to use one's power and influence, esp. beyond the bounds of propriety, to secure some personal gain.
- to add weight to;
load with additional weight: to weight sacks before dumping them overboard.
- to load (fabrics, threads, etc.) with mineral or other matter to increase the weight or bulk.
- to burden with or as if with weight (often fol. by down): Financial worries have weighted that family down for years.
- to give a statistical weight to.
- to bias or slant toward a particular goal or direction;
manipulate: The teacher weighted the test so students who had read both books would make the highest marks.
- to assign (a racehorse) a specific weight to carry in a race: The handicapper weighted Dapper Dan with 128 pounds.
Fastfast1 (fast, fäst),USA pronunciation adj., -er, -est, adv., -er, -est, n.
- moving or able to move, operate, function, or take effect quickly;
rapid: a fast horse; a fast pain reliever; a fast thinker.
- done in comparatively little time;
taking a comparatively short time: a fast race; fast work.
- (of time)
- indicating a time in advance of the correct time, as of a clock.
- noting or according to daylight-saving time.
- adapted to, allowing, productive of, or imparting rapid movement: a hull with fast lines; one of the fastest pitchers in baseball.
- characterized by unrestrained conduct or lack of moral conventions, esp. in sexual relations;
loose: Some young people in that era were considered fast, if not downright promiscuous.
- characterized by hectic activity: leading a fast life.
- resistant: acid-fast.
- firmly fixed in place;
not easily moved;
- held or caught firmly, so as to be unable to escape or be extricated: an animal fast in a trap.
- firmly tied, as a knot.
- closed and made secure, as a door, gate, or shutter.
- such as to hold securely: to lay fast hold on a thing.
- firm in adherence;
devoted: fast friends.
- permanent, lasting, or unchangeable: a fast color; a hard and fast rule.
- (of money, profits, etc.) made quickly or easily and sometimes deviously: He earned some fast change helping the woman with her luggage.
- cleverly quick and manipulative in making money: a fast operator when it comes to closing a business deal.
- (of a lens) able to transmit a relatively large amount of light in a relatively short time.
- (of a film) requiring a relatively short exposure time to attain a given density.
- [Horse Racing.]
- (of a track condition) completely dry.
- (of a track surface) very hard.
- pull a fast one, to play an unfair trick;
practice deceit: He tried to pull a fast one on us by switching the cards.
- quickly, swiftly, or rapidly.
- in quick succession: Events followed fast upon one another to the crisis.
firmly: to hold fast.
- soundly: fast asleep.
- in a wild or dissipated way.
- ahead of the correct or announced time.
near: fast by.
- play fast and loose. See play (def. 76).
- a fastening for a door, window, or the like.
Hello there, this blog post is about How To Lose A Lot Of Weight Fast (lovely How To Lose Weight Fast For Teens At Home #1). It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this file is 1280 x 720. This image's file size is just 86 KB. Wether You decided to download It to Your computer, you have to Click here. You also also see more photos by clicking the following photo or read more at this post: How To Lose Weight Fast For Teens At Home.
The How To Lose Weight Fast For Teens At Home could be because it is a sanctuary where the guys, naturally you as well as your spouse live the area that's presented as the most sacred and significant the main family. Because of the significance of this spot, it deserves good care while preserving the most effective and well -made parts of the home. And surprising your companion is one of many best strategies to start altering your master suite design.
You'll find enough suggestions for the master bedroom design that you might be puzzling which sort to select and can choose from. Designs and types like inside the interior of houses that are additional, your master suite deserves sample and the very best design.
As well as furniture, small things like souvenirs, decorations, bulbs, and also other household goods should be chosen with care. They must manage properly using the entire style of the How To Lose Weight Fast For Teens At Home and can not produce disarray.
Some quality style that may allow you to should be used by you and your spouse employs the sack as the best destination for a renew at the day's end. Relaxing styles, normal yet exclusive, irregular graphics, and also the suite design's toned characteristics allow it to be where for you equally.
Surfaces and limit ought to be coated with hues that must definitely be jive with everything in the room. Consider what kind of emotions may are available for both you and your associate and in coloring. You'll be able to choose coloring that can add the feel of episode and luxury from your master suite, and live, relax, simple.
You can select furniture you will mount within the master bedroom but make everything that is sure is vital and certainly will not create the sense of congested inside. Be sure you select that will blend in well with all the paint colors selected on the surfaces and roofs, because you will coordinate the hues.
Here is the element that finishes the effect within the room. Layer your screen with an additional or layer type of window attention request in this technique that it cans open and shut anytime, it will give you the solitude you will need, and all without compromising the artistic element.
Screen maintenance applications occur in the home improvement merchants in options that are extensive, so the best that'll be recognized with the entire setting of the How To Lose Weight Fast For Teens At Home can be chosen by you.